Cambridge Law Studio provides different legal English courses compared to other schools because we understand what employers want from working lawyers.
We know that a strong and practical legal English course based at Girton College, University of Cambridge will help you get the job you want in law. We constantly consult employers such as law firms, banks and international corporations about their needs. They all tell us the same thing. They say they need lawyers with practical legal English skills. Lawyers who can negotiate international deals, draft and amend contracts and write opinions and formal letters professionally and accurately. However, employers tell us what they’re really searching for are lawyers who have a very rare quality: ‘commercial awareness’.
At Cambridge Law Studio practical legal English skills and commercial awareness are the key targets of every lesson. You will certainly leave us with much better English for law skills than when you arrived. However, you will also know more about the enormous difference between the legal English you need to understand a contract law lecture and the legal English you really need to negotiate and draft a commercial contract. You will also know more about the English you really need to advise a client on setting up a business, advising on local law or avoiding bankruptcy. We specialise exclusively in assisting students whose first language is not English.
Which Course is For You?
- Our super-intensive 1-week legal English course for international lawyers who need to make progress very quickly.
- A maximum of 6 students per class.
- Focus is on better accuracy and stronger commercial skills.
- Our highly-effective 4-day course for more experienced international lawyers.
- A maximum of 8 students per class.
- The trainers on this course are our own specialists in the English of contracts and trainers from EMG Associates of London, who are accredited to teach drafting by the English Bar Association.
There are hundreds of schools offering English for lawyers that will only help with academic law.
There’s only one Cambridge Law Studio.