When you enrol (register) with Cambridge Law Studio, you and we accept the following terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions are required by UK law. Cambridge Law Studio supports the Campaign for Plain English and you should be able to understand these terms and conditions easily.
Please email or call us if anything contained in this agreement is not clear
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENROLMENT
- ‘You’ means the student who wishes to join a course of study with Cambridge Law Studio as an enrolled student.
- ‘We’ and ‘Us’ means Cambridge Law Studio Limited.
- ‘Course’ means the period of time You will spend on a single course as described in our current brochure and on our website. The maximum course duration that We offer is 3 weeks.
2. ENROLMENT (REGISTRATION)
When You enrol You must complete the Enrolment form and return it to us by fax, post or email. You can complete the online enrolment form if you prefer. We do not charge a registration fee. When You enrol You must pay:
- a non-refundable Course deposit of £275. You agree to pay the bank charges and currency exchange fee for this amount if bank transfer is the method of payment that You choose. Any shortfall in the amount of £275 will be added to the final invoice for the course. We will provide evidence of the shortfall to you from Lloyds Bank if you request it.
- the accommodation arrangement fee if you wish us to organise your accommodation.
- a £25 enrolment fee. This is non-refundable and will not be deducted from your final fees.
Please note accommodation is offered subject to availability.
3. FINAL PAYMENT OF THE BALANCE OF THE INVOICE
You must pay the rest of your fees (the balance) a minimum of 28 days before your Course starts. If you enrol 28 days or less before your Course starts You must pay the total amount of the invoice sent to You immediately. You agree to pay any shortfall in the payment due to bank charges and currency exchange. We will provide evidence of the shortfall to you from Lloyds Bank if you request it.
4. POSTPONING A COURSE
There is no automatic right to postpone a course. We strongly recommend that You purchase insurance against cancellation. We may try to find you a place on a later course at our discretion. There is no automatic right to a place on a later course. If a place on a later course is available we reserve the right to charge 50% of the course fees for transferring. You will need to pay any further accommodation fees in full.
- You may only postpone a course where We agree to the postponement in writing.
- You take the Course within 6 months of the original Course starting date.
We will always try our best to find you a place on a later Course if You want to postpone. A second postponement will be treated as a cancellation and the terms and conditions of cancellation will apply at our discretion.
5. CANCELLATION OF A COURSE
If You want to Cancel your Course You must do so in writing. You may cancel on the following conditions:
- If You cancel your enrolment 90 days or more before the start of the Course We will refund to you all Course fees and accommodation costs. We will not refund the £275 deposit, £25 enrolment fee or the £75 accommodation arrangement fee.
- If You cancel between 89 and 60 days before the start of the Course we will refund you 50% of your Course fees. We will not refund the £275 deposit, £25 enrolment fee or the £75 accommodation arrangement fee. We will not refund your accommodation fee due to our contractual obligations with our host families/Girton College.
- If You cancel your enrolment and inform us 59 days or less before the Course begins We will not refund your fees or accommodation charges. We will not refund the £275 deposit, £25 enrolment fee or the £75 accommodation arrangement fee. We strongly recommend that You purchase insurance against cancellation.
- If You arrive late, leave early or are absent from the course for any reason at all We will not refund any part of your payment.
If You cancel because of a visa refusal We will refund at our absolute discretion all or part of the fees that You have paid to us if you send us a copy of the visa refusal letter from the British Consulate/Embassy. You must do this a minimum of 7 workings days before your Course starts. If You tell us about a visa refusal within 7 working days and your host family accommodation is arranged we will charge You for one weeks’ accommodation costs.
Cambridge Law Studio reserve the right to cancel your course if your behaviour inside or outside of the classroom is deemed unreasonable or disruptive. If this occurs You will not receive any refund of course or accommodation fees.
6. FORCE MAJEURE
We are not liable for refunds or any costs incurred by You due to frustration of contract caused by a force majeure event.
7. CANCELLATION OF ACCOMMODATION DURING YOUR COURSE
All accommodation is offered subject to availability. Cancellation of host family or university accommodation is on the following terms:
- We will not charge You for alternative accommodation if You leave your Host Family because You are not able to stay there and We agree that your decision to leave is reasonable. If You decide to leave your host’s home under circumstances that we deem to be resolvable You will have to pay for new accommodation and money already paid to your host will not be refunded. If your behaviour in the host family home has been unacceptable they may ask Us to remove You from their home and You will not be entitled to a refund. It is very unlikely that the host family will ask You to leave. If your host family do ask You to leave You will be treated sympathetically. Any refund made to You will be at our discretion once we have spoken to both You and the host family. We will always help You to find alternative accommodation.
- If You decide to cancel university accommodation during your Course any refund made to You will be at the discretion of Girton College, Cambridge.
8. YOUR AGREEMENT TO ATTEND CLASSES
You agree to attend all classes during your Course except in the case of illness or other unavoidable circumstances. If you are in the UK on a visa, it is a condition of your visa that You attend classes. If You are not able to attend class for any reason You agree to inform our office and/or your class teacher as soon as You reasonably can. We expect reasonable and professional conduct from You at all times. If it is considered that Your conduct in or out of the classroom is having an unacceptably detremental effect upon other students, Our teachers or Girton College Staff then We firmly reserve the right to remove You from the course. Under these circumstance a full or partial refund of Your course fee is at Our sole discretion and We may not make any refund at all according to the circumstances.
9. YOUR AGREEMENT TO PROVIDE US WITH PASSPORT AND CONTACT DETAILS
So that we can provide You with the most efficient service we can, and in some cases to fulfil our obligations under UK law, You need to provide our office with a photocopy of your passport and details that will help us in an emergency. These details are provided to Us under the terms of strict confidentiality and will only be disclosed to the UK authorities in the proper course of events and no other third party whatsoever. Upon arrival we will need:
- A photocopy of your passport (we will do this for you).
- Contact details for You in Cambridge if You arrange your own accommodation.
- A mobile (cell phone, handy phone) number if You have one.
- Details of who to contact in your own country in the case of an emergency.
10. COURSE DATES AND LOCATION
We will run all advertised courses except in cases where the circumstances are beyond our reasonable control. We will run courses at Girton College, Cambridge but reserve the right to relocate the venue for the course to another in Cambridge at reasonable notice to You in circumstances beyond our control.